Thursday 14 May 2009

Mares Puck dive computer


My Aladin Sport went "ERR" last week meaning a new battery is required. S'posed to last 10 years but ours have not gone much more than 5 years each. Problem is you have to send it away and pay more than $200 for the replacement. So, it was it time to upgrade.

I looked at scubastore.com, based in Spain, and found this Mares Puck for 158 Euro delivered. That converts to $289!! Locally you would pay $690.

This computer does Nitrox, Bottom timer and displays water temp. All features the Aladin didn't have.

Ordered it Saturday and it arrived today, 4 days, via Germany, London, Melbourne, Geelong.

Amazing.

Here's a short video of it's first dive.

2 comments:

  1. I heard they were good and I need one but alas I'm broke from recent expenditure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you are Aengus. That's a lot of disposable camera you're using.

    ReplyDelete